Thursday 22 November 2012

Colouring Of My Magazine Research

While researching and investigating into existing music magazine covers I have noticed that they all use roughly the same colouring for the formatting of the magazine and also the fonts; Red, White and Black - Kerrang! Also likes to use yellow. These colours are especially evident in the 'indie scenester' type of magazine that I have been enquiring. To the left is an example of a Kerrang! magazine using all these colours together in a successful manner.






This is proving to me that when designing my front cover, I should use these colours; especially white. They seem to appeal best to the 'indie scenesters' tribe so it would be a wise move to include them on my magazine. Also, these colours are clean and can look formal. Obviously when taking my photos i'll have to avoid wearing clothing with these colours on so they do not overlap and then become hard to read.


These are various other different editions of magazines that clearly use the red, white and yellow colour schemes. This are all different brands of magazine too, 'Vibe' 'NME' 'Q' and also 'Kerrang!'; The colouring is very popular in the 'Indie Scenester' target audience. This colour scheme is very popular because it stands out to the reader; these ablaze but adept colours attract the reader but also provide a formal outlook as well. These colours also collaborate with the background images the majority of the time, they do not ensconce within the clothing colours etc. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment