Monday 12 November 2012

The Photo Shoot


The Photo Shoot


For the shots I made sure that I had a clear white background, the only white background I had access to was a wall, I also used a big worksite light to fully light up the subject and eliminate the shadows. The extra light and the flash of my camera dramatically improved the quality of pictures and also allows me to work with my pictures on photoshop more.

The camera I used for my media shoot was a Canon 550D, I had changed the lens from my usual 18-55mm lens to my 28-105mm lens, I did this because it allowed me to zoom more and also it lets in more light so I could adjust the aperture to suit best.

I used a fairly basic tripod for steadying my camera; this was because I had no access to a tripod of  a higher standard. The tripod I used was a hama star 61, although it may not be the best tripod on the market; it still effectively steadied my camera while taking the shots.




Also, to film the photoshoot I used A GoPro HD Hero, I used this because it has a very wide angle lens pre-built onto it. It has a 170 degree angle of view; this allowed me to fit me and the subject into the video, although the camera doesn't have too good aperture so the filming was bad in the low level light conditions I had at the time.








 The video light I used was a 500W portable halogen light it couldn't be plugged into the mains electricty to start with so I had to plug it into a transformer. I used this video light to effectively brighten up and enhance the subject. It also gave my camera more details to pick up when taking the shot.







 This is my actual camera and tripod set-up to the left, I haven't included the work site light because it ruined the  picture I was taking with my other camera - the brightness was blinding my camera, you couldn't see the set up very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment