Thursday 10 January 2013


Contents Page Construction

Below are the most probable designs I will use for the contents page in my magazine. I have chosen to structure it similarly to NME's contents page because their magazine best suits my target audience and I believe they have created a very effective contents page. I have included a hand drawing flat plan and also a digitally created one; just for ease of reading purposes.


























Above I have included an animated slideshow; within this slideshow I have encorporated the pictures that are most likely to appear on my contents page. I am aiming to get a minimum of two original pictures on my contents page. Although, I can use another picture just in case the black and white pictures do not add to the unified house style of my magazine. I will find these problems when I have completed the construction of my contents page; this can be easily adjusted in most cases, in other cases the adjustments will be of a greater struggle.

By looking into NME's contents pages I have found they like to use black and white pictures for their main images. These images then have a short mini article underneath exclaiming what the picture was about. Some of the time this article is just a preview for what is featured in a double page spread within the magazine. This helps lure the reader into the magazine; but more importantly it gives an insight to that double page spread - the readers can then choose whether or not they would like to read the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment