Tuesday 8 January 2013


Double Page Spread (First Draft)
A couple of weeks ago we had the newest and most eminent artist in the indie scene this year. After an interview with her we found out her key to being the most successful solo performer of 2012.

What was your individual key to success?
‘Get shit done’, if you stop nancy-ing around and actually put your mind into the music industry and get yourself known you should be off pretty soon- as long as you can sing obviously. I pretty much started at little gigs just to get my name around and it built up from there. I also manipulated social networking sites, Facebook and Twitter mostly – 90% of teens are on there now.
Despite the recent burst of publicity, we have not heard about a possible upcoming tour? Do you think this is likely any time soon?
I will speak to my manager about sorting one out soon, it’s all well and good people downloading my albums – to whom of which I applaud for doing so, but people would like to see their favourite bands and artists live; I would like to give my fans a chance to see me live.
The answer to that question is yes, there should be a confirmed tour by next year; depending on whether or not the manager gives the all clear.
Do you think there will ever be a duet song with yourself and another Indie artist?
I hope so, the indie genre is filled with a group of great people and I would be honoured to work with some of them; I am only a newbie to this stuff so I have to get my head around it all before I start to work with the pros of the business. I would love to duet with a great band though; I think that will be a great experience for me and will also widen my fan base.
What problems have you encountered on your journey to stardom?
Touch wood, I have not actually encountered any! The only real problem I came across was getting my name out there, when it was I was picked up pretty quickly and then I was recording songs like there was no tomorrow professionally. Luckily I have a great manager who usually sorts the problems before they reach me so I don’t have to deal with the boring stuff.
Would you perform across different genres?
I don’t think I could bring myself to do it, I love Indie so much. The meaning and expression behind all the lyrics are too powerful just to leave and say go to Pop music, yes that might be where the money is at but I won’t sell out; I promise you that now, from the heart.
I despise all these artists who get a lucky break but sell out at the last chance, they lose all their original fans and replace them with generic people who listen to this music because the most popular person does.
Kane Boorman

No comments:

Post a Comment