Wednesday 2 January 2013

Double Page Spread Research

Above is my analysis of a double page spread taken from a NME magazine featuring The Killers. I have tightly analysed the page and the ways in which NME has tried to create a UNIQUE SELLING POINT (UPS) within their double page spread. On this double page spread there are minimal design elements this is because from my research I have found that NME create all their magazine pieces in a simplimatic format; this gets the information across easier and it is also straight to the point. Besides the image and the pull quote the text would be the main focus of this double page spread; there is a lack of design elements to distract the reader.

Above this is my tight analysis of another double page spread, not NME. Analysing two different double page spreads show the difference in unique selling points (UPS) if both double page spreads were NME they would probably be very similar so the only difference would be the pictures and the text.

Also, with the analysis of the two double page spreads above, I have read the articles themselves. By reading this I gain a clear insight into the method of writing that the editors of the magazine will use in order to capture the readers attention. I gained knowledge on the sort of questions that the interviews would ask the interviewee and incorporated them into my own questions and answers on my double page spread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment