Thursday 17 January 2013

Double Page Spread (Second Draft)
A couple of weeks ago we had the newest and most eminent artist in the indie scene this year. After an interview with her we found out her key to being the most successful solo performer of 2012. During the most anticipated interview of 2013 we asked Leigh Peterson various amounts of questions regarding her success within the Indie genre; and possibly digged a little bit into her private life too!

What was your key to success?
‘Get shit done’, if you stop nancy-ing around and actually put your mind into the music industry and get yourself known you should be off pretty soon- as long as you can sing obviously. I pretty much started at little gigs just to get my name around and it built up from there. I also manipulated social networking sites, Facebook and Twitter mostly – 90% of teens are on there now.
Despite the recent burst of publicity, we have not heard about a possible upcoming tour? Do you think this is likely any time soon?
I haven't got a scooby, I will speak to my manager about sorting one out soon, it’s all good people downloading my albums – Which I am so grateful for!  but people would like to see their favourite bands and artists live; I would love to give my fans a chance to see me in the flesh.
 If i'm good then the manager should sort out a tour by next year.
Do you think you'll ever perform a duet?
I hope so! The indie genre is filled with a group of great people and I would be honoured to work with some of them; I am only a newbie to this stuff so I have to get my head around it all before I start to work with the pros of the business. I would love to duet with a great band like Metronomy though; I think that will be a great experience for me and will also widen my fan base; to be perfectly honest just to perform with a band so rad as Metronomy would be amazing!
What problems have you encountered on your journey to stardom?
Touch wood, I have not actually encountered any! The only real problem I came across was getting my name out there, when it was I was picked up pretty quickly and then I was recording songs like there was no tomorrow professionally. Luckily I have a great manager who usually sorts the problems before they reach me so I don’t have to deal with the boring stuff.
Would you perform across different genres?
I don’t think I could bring myself to do it, I love Indie so much. The meaning and expression behind all the lyrics are too powerful just to leave and say go to Pop music, yes that might be where the money is at but I won’t sell out; I promise you that now, from the heart.
I despise all these artists who get a lucky break but sell out at the last chance, they lose all their original fans and replace them with generic people who listen to this music because the most popular person does.

How long do you intend to be doing this?
Hopefully my whole career! I love what I do and I wouldn't change it for the world! Just the perks of the job are unreal themselves, never mind the job itself! Without blowing my own trumpet; I envy everyone else who isn't in a situation like mine!
Here at REFRAIN we've been hearing a lot of rumours about you and a certain indie artist 'hitting it off' a couple of weeks back, can we assume this is true?
 No way jose! Me and Peter have been friends since we were children and thats all we will remain to be! I've seen him at his worst and vice versa and its not pretty. All this press has arisen since I became big, before this we would hang out normally without any of the media interference; one of the jobs cons I suppose. 

I really don't see how I can help my case out further... This all arose from a badly taken picture which was twisted and pulled out of context, he is my friend for gods sake!

Sorry for being so blunt about the whole thing, i'm new to this business, it's a strange but exciting one, i'll get my head around it soon! 
Are we likely to see a man on the scene or are you a lone wolf?
I doubt it guys! I'm young and who wants to be tied down at 20 anyway! Maybe in a few years when i've finished living and I want to be drained of life. I say this but every girl plans her own wedding as a child don't they, i'm just putting on a hard front for the time being, i'm a softy inside! 
Biggest Regrets?
This inteview. 'ahaha' No i'm joking, probably dropping out of school at 16, I lost quite a lot of mates this way, obviously I meet up with a few but the majority have 'removed' themselves from my life completely. 

I regret arguments too, not single arguments but all of them in general. In the end the issue is never resolved, you just end up with a pain in the arse enemy. I could't begin to tell you how many times this has happened to me! 
Kane Boorman

No comments:

Post a Comment